ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using JDKs with jar files
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:17:25 GMT
--- Andrew.Goodnough@dana.com wrote:
> The only way I know of to accomplish this would be to use two separate
> build files instead of two separate targets.  It would be nice to be
> able to specify the JDK to use (overriding the project attribute) for a
> specific java command like (java, javac, etc.).

For the <java> task, you can specify the "jvm" attribute with the
full-path of the 'java' executable in order to use a different one from
what you're running Ant with (you need to also specify fork="yes"). For
the <javac> task, you should be able to turn off the inclusion of the
system and Ant classes and just specify the classes you want to use for
the JDK you want to compile against.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)