ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: property names
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:36:27 GMT
A property is a way to associate a value with a name that can then be
referenced by that name, using the form ${property_name}. The property
name is whatever you want to call it, although it's usually a good idea to
call it something that says something about the value it holds. For
example, a property to hold the path to the top of the source tree might
be called "srcdir". Properties are used to allow for a variable value or
as a means of having a short-hand way of referring to something.

--- Pinar Bicioglu <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Could someone please axplain to me what the "propery name" is? Actually
> the
> question is how do we specify those? I have this build.xml file that
> sets
> the compiler and location options using <property name > tag. And I have
> another build.xml file as a sample that sets different propert names.
> Are
> the names standard?
> Thanks

Do You Yahoo!?