ant-user mailing list archives

From SimonRichards...@halifax.co.uk
Subject FW: Javac not generating class files.
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:22:22 GMT
> I'd recommend running a full build with 'jikes',
> then run your
> test-suite (I'm assuming you have one :) against the end result and
> compare that against the results of what you compiled using
> 'javac'.

It looks as though jikes is a non-starter.  There doesn't appear to be a set
of binaries for Solaris and the compilation instructions are non existent.
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jikes/faq/dev-solaris.
shtml

I'm still working on other options within ant, specifically using the
excludesfile option.  But, in the mean time could you tell me if there are
any options that would force a file-by-file compilation, letting ant workout
dependencies (i.e which file to compile first)?  It seems these problems are
only encountered when I attempt to compile more than 1 file at a time.

Thanks for your help

Simon

Part of the Halifax Group, Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.  Registered Office:
Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG. Represents only the Halifax Financial Services
Marketing Group for the purposes of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit
trust business.  The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.  Switchboard
01422 333333.