ant-user mailing list archives

Subject RE: <wlrun>, finding the confi.xml file
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:41:40 GMT

"d:\weblogic is a 5.1 tree" .. Hummm

I know from my previous experience (wls 5.1) that the license file had to be
specified in the command line.  But this requirement appears to have
disappeared in wls 6.0.

"It is no longer necessary to specify the location of the license file or
the policy file on the command line."

I wonder if 5.1 classes are getting picked up when you run wls?  Try
(re)moving the 5.1 directory - to make a clean(er) environment to run

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill []
Sent: 30 April 2001 14:29
Subject: Re: <wlrun>, finding the confi.xml file

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Hughes" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 9:07 PM

> Conor / Simon,
> Yes, everything's fine outside of Ant. The pre-patched download of 6.0sp1
> doesn't have weblogic_sp.jar - it's all rolled into weblogic.jar I think.

I think the weblogic_sp.jar is just a bit of future-proofing allowing
service packs to be dropped in in future without changing configs. The
current contents of the jar are minimal (version class and manifest). So,
it is a good idea to include it in your setup but currently won;t affect

> My fault anyway, I have two projects deployed on my box  - d:\weblogic is
> 5.1 tree....Doh! The 6.0sp1 server is starting just fine - except...
>  * java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no wlntio in java.library.path

I have the weblogic bin directory in my path so that the native I/O DLL can
be picked up

>  * the forked process doesn't invoke -hotspot nor can you pass -Xmx
and -Xms
> args

You can use jvmargs attribute to pass -Xmx etc. I haven't tried -hotspot.

>  * Does Ant still block whilst wls is active? I though I saw a patch go
> to fix this....

Yes it does. I have been reluctant to apply spot solutions to this problem
(exec, wlrun, etc) since I think a more general solution to multithreading
is appropriate.

> BTW I'm writing an article for DrDobbs on WLS6.0 Ant and SCM (Perforce
> this is what we use here) Either of you two guys (or anyone else)
> in adding some thoughts, input etc. Mail me offlist if you are.
> Bye,

Part of the Halifax Group, Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.  Registered Office:
Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire HX1 2RG. Represents only the Halifax Financial Services
Marketing Group for the purposes of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit
trust business.  The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.  Switchboard
01422 333333.

View raw message