ant-user mailing list archives

From Shannon Wagner <swag...@smartmoney.com>
Subject RE: Using JDKs with jar files
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:02:25 GMT
Isn't it possible to use the "target" attribute of the <javac> task to
accomplish this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew.Goodnough@dana.com [mailto:Andrew.Goodnough@dana.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 10:00 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using JDKs with jar files

The only way I know of to accomplish this would be to use two separate
build files instead of two separate targets.  It would be nice to be able
to specify the JDK to use (overriding the project attribute) for a specific
java command like (java, javac, etc.).

Andy

****************************
Andrew Goodnough
Dana Commercial Credit
Programmer

                    Pinar Bicioglu

ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
                    logue.com>                     cc:

                                                   Subject:     Using JDKs
with jar files
                    04/10/2001 01:57 PM

                    Please respond to

                    ant-user

Let's say that I have two targets in my "build.xml" file, abc.jar and
xyz.jar. The relationship between .jar files as below;

                                          foo.java --> test.class
(On the server side) target1
--------->  abc.jar
---> uses JDK1.3
                                          bar.java --> bar.class

                                          test.java --> test.class
(On the client side) target2
---------> xyz.jar
---> uses JDK1.1.8
                                          bar.java --> bar.class

What I am trying to do is to make sure that bar.java uses JDK1.3 and then
JDK1.1.8. I need to get an output or something like that as a proof :)

Thanks for your help,