ant-user mailing list archives

From Shannon Wagner <swag...@smartmoney.com>
Subject RE: running tasks in the background
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:52:54 GMT
I had actually thought that this was the default functionality.  ie, that
Ant would not wait while an arbitrary process finished execution, but would
just continue with other tasks.

We're actually having a problem here where we are using a third-party tool
to create jars, and we need Ant to wait until that process is done before it
continues.

-----Original Message-----
From: Halim, Salman [mailto:salman@Bluestone.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 2:52 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: running tasks in the background

hi,

i wanted to extend the 'fork' capability of the java task to other
executables.  i need to start a few processes and continue without waiting
for the first one to finish, but they aren't java processes.  has anybody
done anything similar?

thank you in advance,

--
Salman Halim
Advisory Software Engineer, HP Bluestone