ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting the environment varibles and specifying targets in th e <j avac> tag ??
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:42:55 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pinar Bicioglu" <p.bicioglu@CustomerDialogue.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 9:59 PM
Subject: RE: Setting the environment varibles and specifying targets in th e
<j avac> tag ??

> I added the part below to one of targets in my build.xml file
>
> <target name="LifeSimulatorApplet-compile" depends="prepare">
>     <javac srcdir="${src-dir}"
>            destdir="${build-dir}"
>            classpath="${classpath}"
>            deprecation="on"
>            bootclasspath="${Java118Classes}"
>            target="1.1"
>            optimize="off"
>            includes="${LifeSimulatorApplet-compile-list}"
>     />
>   </target>
>
> And it works fine. I also have " <property name="build.compiler"
> value="classic"/> " on the top of the file. I'd just like to know if it's
> true that all of the targets I have, use jdk1.2.2 but LifeSimulatorApplet.
> What do you think? is it correct ?

All of the targets in your build.xml will use the same compiler.

You can use different compilers if you do *not* define the property
"build.compiler" in your build.xml and call your compile-targets using
antcall specifying <param name="build.compiler" value="yourCompiler"/> on
each call. But this will only work with external compilers.

If you use one of the javac-compilers Ant will currently always use the
compiler that was shipped with the JDK you use to run Ant.

Nico