ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pulling out the code from SourceSafe
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:13:58 GMT
I'm quoting both of you messages here.

What do you mean with "when I compile it"? What are you doing to compile
what?

And why are you saying "it works actually" when above the snippet you said
"I can't get vssget part running"?

Is it running, or is it not?

That it is not asking for the username and the password is expected
behaviour. Why should it do so if you put your username and password in the
build.xml? (Please do *not* try to remove them - it will try to do a login
with the Username you used to logon to Windows, but it will not (in a
visible and usable way) ask for the password!)

> And waht's the deal with running "env.bat" file before I run ant ? Why and
> how should I do that ?

Why: To set the environment variable SSDIR which will point VSS to the
correct repository
How: Simply by executing "env.bat" on the command line before calling Ant

Note however that you do *not* need to do that if you use one of the
"nightly builds" (also called Ant 1.4alpha). There you could use the
attribute "serverPath" to point vssget to the right repository.