ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ftp task throwing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:04:21 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Hewitt" <MHewitt@Armature.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 10:38 AM
Subject: RE: ftp task throwing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

> Nico,
>
> The ftp task works correctly if I do it unconditionally - ie,
> depends="no".
>
> The manual ftp results you requested are:
>
> ftp> ls notThere.jar
> 200 PORT command successful.
> 150 ASCII data connection for /bin/ls (194.194.22.35,59321) (0 bytes).
> notThere.jar: No such file or directory
> 226 ASCII Transfer complete.
> remote: notThere.jar
> 41 bytes received in 0.018 seconds (2.20 Kbytes/s)
> ftp>

Hm. It should have replied with 550 No such file or directory, shouldn't it?

> Does that help?

Hmm.. the file you are trying to upload are all available on the server? It
seems that the error you posted may occur if the server replies with
something that means "OK", but it isn't. Ant (or NetComponents) then tries
to get the last-modified date of the remote-file and can't get that if the
file is not there.

Do you have access to a java-compiler? If yes you may want to try changing
line 547 in FTP.java from "if (files == null)" to "if (files == null ||
files.length == 0)" and try again. If that helps you please tell me and I
will change that in CVS.

Nico