ant-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Dillon" <paul.dil...@solnet.com.au>
Subject FTP and remote subdirs
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 06:09:50 GMT
Hello,

I can not get the ftp task to delve into sub-directories on the remote server.  In particular,
I am trying to delete all files below a directory, as follows:

<ftp server="${deploy.server}" userid="${deploy.user}" password="${deploy.password}" remotedir="${deploy.dir}"
action="del">
  <fileset>
    <include name="**/*"/>
  </fileset>
</ftp>

I've tried a billion different combinations of fileset, under no circumstance does the ftp
task ever go into sub directories.  This is also true for the list action - I can only ever
list files in the starting directory.

I've tried this against a Solaris 8, and a Linux Redhat 6.x system with the same result.
I'm using NetComponents-1.3.8a, which was the only version available from www.savarese.org.

Any help appreciated!

- Paul