ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <>
Subject Re: getting the value of the Target
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 06:03:51 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Berry" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 7:47 AM
Subject: getting the value of the Target

> Greetings,
> I would like to know how to get the value of the incoming target. (i.e for
> "ant clean", I want "clean"). I have searched the -debug output for such a
> property, and I read the section on built-in properties in the manual. But
> don't see it. Is it possible???
> What I am trying to do is execute a target conditionally based on the
> incoming target name. So that I can skip some intermediate step in a
> Is there a workaround??

Even if there was access to such a property you can't perform some action
based on the value of a property - only based on it's existence.
If you want to do something based on the value of a property you need to
write your own task. If you are writing your own task you may get access to
the currently executing target thru your task

View raw message