ant-user mailing list archives

From "pdw" <...@dowman.net>
Subject Re: confusion about how to use the mapper
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 18:05:47 GMT
> > I am setting up my first ant project, and I am trying to figure out
> > how to dynamically build a fileset that contains all EJB interface
> > classes, but not the implementation classes.
>
> This is nothing you'd do with a mapper at all. A mapper is used to
> transform a filename into another, not to create inclusions or
> something similar.
>
> Unless your implementation classes have follow a naming conventions
> as well (so that you can make an exclude pattern from it), I don't see
> an easy way for right now - there might be a solution for problems
> like these in future versions of Ant, but I'm not sure.

There is a pattern: each EJB has three classes: Example.java,
ExampleHome.java, and ExampleEJB.java.  The first two are the interfaces,
and I want to build a fileset containing these.  So it should be possible to
just look for *Home.java, and then the files that I want to include are
*Home.java and ($1).java, where ($1) is whatever the * matched in the
previous match.

If not with a mapper, then how can I do this?

Thanks.