ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting the value of the Target
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:54:46 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Berry" <christopher.berry@etrade.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 6:08 PM
Subject: RE: getting the value of the Target

> Hi Nico,
> I wrote a Task as you suggested. But it turns out that this information is
> not available -- even to the Project itself. We can find the current
target
> but not the driving target. (i.e. if I execute "ant sometarget" then I
would
> like to get at "sometarget" somehow)
>
> I downloaded the Ant source, and as far as I could tell from reading it,
> this information is not explicitly kept anywhere during the build process.

Oops. Sorry, it seems I really misread your question. I thought you would
like to get the currently executing target.

You are right. There is no way to get the target that was passed on the
command line (that could be more than one target!).

Why do you need access to this information? Maybe there is another way to do
what you want...

Nico