ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <>
Subject Re: JDK problem
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 20:57:07 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pinar Bicioglu" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 5:24 PM
Subject: RE: JDK problem

> So I need to write this line (or similar to it) in the Build.xml file
> ??

Yes, but beware. It's "only" an option to javac >= 1.2 - it's not "really"
using a different JDK. (I don't think it will even use other classes - does
someone know what it really does?) My JDK 1.3 docs say

Ensure that generated class files will be compatible with 1.1 and VMs in the
Java 2 SDK. This is the default. "

so it should work "out of the box" without changing something.

If you really need to use different compilers I don't know a solution for
you. Ant uses Class.forName() to access the compiler if you are using a
"standard" JDK-compiler, so it will find the first one on the classpath (or
in other words the one in your $JAVA_HOME). I think your only chance would
be to use jikes (with different classpaths) or to just start ant twice with
different JAVA_HOME settings.

View raw message