ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pulling out the code from SourceSafe
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:48:19 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dana Rice" <Dana.Rice@exodus.net>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 7:27 PM
Subject: RE: pulling out the code from SourceSafe

> Shannon, I appreciate the help. What I see in VSS explorer above the right
> pane is $/agent/dca3.2.
> The env.bat looks like:
> set ssdir=\\Ftcollins\FTCOLLINS_D\VSS\COMDev
> And FTCOLLINS is one of my network places.
>
> <target name="getcode">
>   <vssget localpath="C:/dca3.2test"
>    recursive="true"
> vsspath="$/agent/dca3.2"
>       writable="true"
> ssdir="C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/Common/VSS/win32"/>
> <echo message="getcode"/>
>     </target>

OK, with that configuration are you still getting the error you posted
earlier in this thread?

If you still have problems you should at first try to avoid the dollar-sign
in vsspath, since Ant will add that one automatically and the dollar-sign
has a special meaning in Ant (starts a reference to a property).

In addition you will most likely need to specify the login-argument since
ss.exe can not do an automatic logon for you. Note that you need to specify
a password if you are assigned one even if you don't need to enter one if
you login to the database with the VSS-Explorer.

> I get this:
> [vssget] $/path/to/project/in/vss is not an existing filename or project.

In addition you should make sure you run the file env.bat *manually* before
running ant. Ant will *not* run it for you.

If you could live with the latest version from CVS (the so-called
nightly-builds) there is an additional option for vssget called "serverPath"
which can be used to specify a remote location for the repository.

Your task would then look like

<vssget vsspath="/agent/dca3.2"
        login="you,yourpassword"
        writable="true"
        localpath="C:/dca3.2test"
        recursive="true"
        ssdir="C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/Common/VSS/win32"
        serverPath="\\Ftcollins\FTCOLLINS_D\VSS\COMDev"/>

Nico