ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Jikes
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 06:28:50 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kirk Wylie" <kirk@radik.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 5:37 AM
Subject: Re: Using Jikes

> Robin Ziolkowski wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if there is a JIKES_HOME environment variable,
similar to the
> > JAVA_HOME environment variable, that needs to be set so that ant knows
were
> > Jikes lives.  I have the property "build.compiler" set to "Jikes"
> >
> > Every time I try to compile using Jikes I get a Nested Exception from
ant.  I
> > think this is because it can't find Jikes.
>
> Assuming you're running on unix, have you tried setting build.compiler to
> "jikes"? On unix, it's case sensitive.

No, it's not case sensitive. (The command itself is case sensitive, but Ant
always uses "jikes").

If it's an IOException telling that it can't execute jikes you should extend
your Path to include the directory where jikes lives. You can test this by
simply entering "jikes" on the command line. If it tells you "command not
found" Ant can't execute jikes either.

Nico