ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with maximum line length
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:53:58 GMT
Frank Ruckstuhl <kiwican_dub@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use ant v1.3 on Solaris, and am having
> problems with the way javac is being called.  The
> problem stems from the fact that my classpath is 247
> characters long.  When ant calls the java compiler it
> specifies the -classpath option, the resulting line is
> greater than the maximum line length of 257
> characters, so the line is truncated and the project
> will not build.

Actually, Ant doesn't call javac on the command line at all, it runs
the corresponding Java class inside the running VM.

Are you trying to run jikes? If so, I think I see where the problem is
- we assume that 4096 is the minimum command line length supported by
all OSs/Shells - guess we'll have to change this opinion.

Stefan