ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NullPointerException
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:16:40 GMT
Chris Stillwell <Chris.Stillwell@wcom.com> wrote:

> I am only seeing this problem on AIX.  I was able to "get around"
> this error by setting the CLASSPATH in the ant script to include the
> rt.jar as such: CLASSPATH=/usr/java_dev2/jre/lib/rt.jar

Should happen automatically, when you set JAVA_HOME to /usr/java_dev2/

> I get different errors after doing this.

I've seen them - and am as puzzled as Glenn is.

> However, I would expect a ClassNotFoundException and not a
> NullPointerException with a missing jar.

I couldn't agree more.

> Currently we use a big hairy makefile, but I would like to convert
> to Ant as it has some features we want to take advantage of.

I think Diane and Nico have access to AIX boxes, I currently have not.
But I have pinged a friend who _maybe_ could provide me with one - I'm
afraid this won't happen before next week, sorry.

Stefan