ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with includesfile in jar task.
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:07:10 GMT
Chris Stillwell <Chris.Stillwell@wcom.com> wrote:

> I noticed that if a filename within the file specified by the
> includesfile attribute contains any trailing blanks, then the file
> is not included in the jar and no errors are indicated.  I can
> easily fix my file, but I would think that whichever method is
> reading in these file patterns would do a trim to truncate trailing
> blanks.

Why? This would make it impossible to include a file whose name ends
in a blank - I agree it would be silly to name a file like this, but
Ant shouldn't assume that nobody does silly things.

> I would also like to know if it is possible to have the jar task
> fail if a file is not found and can't be loaded.

No. The only required piece would be the manifest file - and even this
doesn't work as expected, see KC Baltz's report from a few days ago.

The only option I see is to check for these files with an available
task and couple it to a fail task.

Stefan