ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting classpath for optional task
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 07:44:42 GMT
Jason Pringle <JasonP@captura.com> wrote:

> I'll make a guess (ant dev guys keep me honest here)...
>
> The optional tasks are loaded by the "main" ant startup, which means
> any referenced classes (such as JUnit's stuff) must be on the
> classpath that Ant was started with in the "ant script".

Right, *unless* the task has been defined by a <taskdef> that comes
with a classpath definition of its own. And this is exactly what Nico
suggested the first time.

I vaguely remember that taskdefs with nested classpaths didn't work
correctly in Ant 1.2. William, could you please try to (re)define the
junit task with the correct classpath (containing JUnit itself) with
Ant 1.3 and see whether this makes any difference?

Thanks

        Stefan