ant-user mailing list archives

From Ted Liefeld <lief...@mpi.com>
Subject Cant get Ant to compile with Xerces
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 17:16:38 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying to get ant to work with the newest version of xerces
(1.3.0) without any luck.  I can get ant to run and compile fine, but when
I attempt to use it to compile classes that use xerces, I keep getting
errors of the following sort;

Method createDocumentType(java.lang.String, null, java.lang.String) not
found in interface org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation.

Since I have an old makefile for this same codebase and since I can look
at the xerces docs and see this method, I know that this is OK, so somehow
it seems that ant is not using the same version of xerces internally.

I have removed jaxp.jar and parser.jar from the $ANT_HOME/lib directory
and my classpath is just
/home/liefeld/ant/jakarta-ant-1.3/lib/ant.jar:/dvl/info/prj/infra/xml4j/xerces-1_3_0/xerces.jar:/dvl/info/prj/infra/xml4j/xerces-1_3_0/xercesSamples.jar
with nothing else on it.

Running ant with -verbose I still see no signs of other xml parsers on the
javac classpath.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to correct this?  My theory is
that it is due to my trying to use DOM level2 in the source where ant was
compiled without it and the classloader is messing up.  This is using the
ant1.3 bin release.

Thanks

Ted

Ted Liefeld