ant-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Kedge" <gke...@HotMail.COM>
Subject Jikes; JDK1.3; JDK1.1.8 Project! Oh my!
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:58:56 GMT
> I run Ant using jdk1.3, but I compile, using jikes, against jdk1.1.8

Diane:

Your environment is identical to the one in which I need to run.  My Ant 1.2
build files are set up to run using a classic compiler so as to assure
compilation against JDK 1.1.8 classes.zip alone.  However, I have used jikes
on my own, overriding -Dbuild.compiler="jikes".  But, I always ran the risk
of the class path including JDK 1.3 rt.jar.  Supposedly 1.3 was going to
give folks better control over the jar file selection at compile time.  Is
there a reference you can site that would help me transition from Ant
1.2->1.3 to deal with this mix environment(jikes, Ant using 1.3, for
projects that are delivered to run in 1.1.8 ONLY!)

I'm looking for a strategy to start from and perhaps example <javac> targets
for such a situation.

Kind Regards,
Greg Kedge
gkedge@HotMail.COM