ant-user mailing list archives

From John_Sis...@insession.com
Subject glob mapper bug for copy/move in version 1.3 ??
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 00:04:06 GMT
I am trying to rename files so that they do not have a file extension.  I
need to do this because so I can FTP these files to a legacy system that
does not support file extensions (just 8 character file names without an
extension).  I have tried both the copy and move tasks and have not been
able to get this to work.

I have noticed in the ant log that messages like the following are logged:

     [copy] xxxxxxx.jar skipped - don't know how to handle it

Here is the two formats I have tried on both copy and move.

    <copy todir="${todir}">
        <fileset dir="${fromdir}">
            <include name="*.*"/>
        </fileset>
        <mapper type="glob" from="*.*" to="*"/>
    </copy>

    <copy todir="${todir}">
        <fileset dir="${fromdir}">
            <include name="*.*"/>
        </fileset>
        <mapper type="glob" from="*.*" to="*."/>
    </copy>

Am I doing anything obviously wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks,

John Sisson