ant-user mailing list archives

From Edwin.Guenth...@Compart.net
Subject Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Strange compiler error
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:09:42 GMT

Hi,

SB> what does "jar tf" say? I doubt that rt.jar is the problem as you
SB> wouldn't manage to run any VM at all.

Its the very "normal" rt.jar file coming with the JDK. I have never touched
it.
Maybe its some kind of "reentrance" problem within javac ...

SB> JAVACMD=java -Xmx=250m; ant
SB>
SB> - adapt as appropriate.

You mean -Xms, dont you.
And I wont get more than 60 M or so; and still same result.

SB> If it really turns out to be a compiler problem without a workaround,
SB> there's probably not too much we can do.

Well; I know the guy who wrote the compiler; so maybe he can clear
things up ...

SB> > SB> Is jikes an option for you?
SB> >
SB> > No.
SB>
SB> Why not?

At least the last version had too many bugs. jikes is nice for
compiling small test programs - but I would never use it for a
real world project. I simply dont trust it.