ant-user mailing list archives

From DLI...@steelcase.com
Subject RE: Target Won't Execute?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:13:00 GMT
Kevin,

>You never run the clean target.. If you always want clean to run make init
depend on clean or just run ant clean before you run dist..

I figured out the part about using depend based on the "one of these things is
not like the other" method.  For a target to execute does it always have to be
part of a depend relationship?  The documentation is not clear on this
requirement.

For example in the attached build.xml I added a target called "EchoThis" which
does not execute just like the "clean" target.  What is the rule about when a
target gets executed and when it does not?

Thanks for your help. :)

David