ant-user mailing list archives

From ouellet...@foliofn.com (Timothy Ouellette)
Subject ant and ddcreator
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:40:50 GMT
I have a problem where the ddcreator fails when I reference the sub-project
build.xml from the master as shown below.  If I run the subproject build.xml
from the commandline without going through the master build.xml file it
works fine.  Any ideas on why this might be?

Of the other thing is that I would like to use one build.ml for the entire
tree instead of using multiple ones (one build.xml per package) however most
of the time ant core dumps after about 80 minutes, always in the same spot.
The project contains slightly of 1,000 java files so that is why I have
broken it up into small pieces.  As anyone else hit this limiation of the
scope being so big that ANT cores.  I'm running Ant 1.3 on Solaris 5.6.

Attached is a snipette from the master and a copy of the child.

-Tim

master build.xml
<!-- DEPLOY -->
<target name="deploy" >
   <ant dir="./source/com/foliotrade/tradeapp/ejb/entity/impl"
target="deploy" />
</target>

package level build.xml
<project name="subproject" default="deploy" basedir=".">

<!-- Setup Init -->
<target name="init">
  <tstamp/>
  <property name="env" environment="myenv" />
  <property name="Src" value="." />
  <property name="Dest"
value="${myenv.FOLIOHOME}/projects/v1/tradeapp/classes" />
</target>

<!-- BUILD -->
  <target name="build" depends="init">
    <javac srcdir="${Src}" destdir="${Dest}" classpath="${myenv.CLASSPATH}">
      <include name="*.java"/>
    </javac>

  </target>

<!-- DEPLOY -->
  <target name="deploy" depends="build">
    <ddcreator descriptors="${Src}" dest="${Dest}">
      <include name="*DeploymentDescriptor.txt" />
    </ddcreator>
    <ejbc descriptors="${Dest}"
        src="${Src}"
        dest="${Dest}"