ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sean Ogle" <sean.o...@syslog.at>
Subject AW: and finally - <shake/>...
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:05:09 GMT
JAX from IBM does this. Check out their Alphaworks site. Not sure what the
license is.

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: gosnelju@ubsw.com [mailto:gosnelju@ubsw.com]Im Auftrag von Julian
gosnell
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 14. Marz 2001 12:59
An: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: and finally - <shake/>...

Has anyone thought about or come across  a predicate/piece-of-code that
could do this :

<shake outputjar="yyy" classpath="ccc">
 <shakeroot name="com.mycom.MyServlet"?>
 <shakeroot pattern="com.mycom.MyDynamicallyLoadedClass*"/>
</shake>

where shake figures out which classes all the shakeroots depend upon and
copies  these and the shakeroots into the outputjar.

This would drastically reduce the size of some of the jars that I ship.

I could take 3rd party jars that I consume, break them open and do this
by hand, but it would be nicer to be able to do it at deployment.

If I am dynamically loading classes, then I would have to mention them
as shakeroots before I shake !

Anyone care to comment,

Jules

related financial instruments.