ant-user mailing list archives

From "Joel Goldstein" <Joel.Goldst...@optionable.com>
Subject RE: Target Won't Execute?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:44:13 GMT
You set the default target to run in your project and it will run, if it
depends on other targets they will run.
The line you are quoting  "If no if and no unless attribute is present, the
target will always be executed."
is a general rule about targets it does not mean that a target that is not
referenced will run.

-----Original Message-----
From: DLIGDA@steelcase.com [mailto:DLIGDA@steelcase.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 11:07 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Target Won't Execute?

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting the "clean" target to run that is provided
in
the sample file in the "Using Ant" section of the documentation.  I cut and
paste it into a build.xml file and everything else executes properly but my
directories do not get deleted.  I added an "echo" target to display a text
message and it does not get executed either (or it appears that way).  When
running in debug mode the targets show up in the list to be run.

The documentation says:

 "If no if and no unless attribute is present, the target will always be
executed."

I expected that all the targets would be run.  What am I overlooking?

Environment - NT Workstation 4.0 SP6, JDK 1.3

David