ant-user mailing list archives

From John.D.Ca...@mail.sprint.com
Subject Re: random task(s) ;)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:24:17 GMT
Sorry for the incomplete message.  Pls see the javadocs for more.  All
are fully commented.

Here are the sources again...

John

-----Original Message-----
From: John.D.Casey [mailto:John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 3:19 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: RE: Re: random task(s) ;)

AskUser: prompt user for input during build...

AdminAnswerFiles: handles caching of answer files for the above...

AnswerFileManager: cache manager for use with the above...

Ant2: support for ant batching, reverse-propagation of child
environment to parent, etc. (Adapted from original Ant task)...
	I copied all the original source into here, so it wouldn't depend
on the Ant task, in case some of the Ant task's
	functionality went away in future releases...

IfTask: calls targets dynamically, based on whether a property's value
passes a conditional test (like == somevalue)...

RegexFilter: Just realized this is alot like the JakartaOROMatcher
(probably)...it does regex substitution on properties...

UnsetProperty: pretty straightforward...

JarsProperty: creates a string (for setting to a property value) that
is in path representation, out of a fileset...

Pwd: like the unix command, it returns the directory in which the
current ant file resides...

I realize some of these seem to duplicate other tasks' behaviors, but
one of two things happened to make me develop these:
 1. There was no documentation in the user's guide for the other task
(the one this seems to sort of duplicate)
 2. The existing task was missing what I felt to be essential options.

Have fun,
John