ant-user mailing list archives

From John.D.Ca...@mail.sprint.com
Subject conditional execution on tasks
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:10:41 GMT
Is there any way to specify "only execute this *task* if the following
property is set"?  It's like the if= and unless= attributes of target
fame, but it allows a finer grained control without forcing the
developer to write separate targets for each conditional...

Also, is there a conditional that will only execute a target(or task)
if a property equals _a_certain_value_?  If not, this might be
worthwhile to have.  The following situation makes me say so:

We are using a different set of properties for builds for each
environment we build for.  Some of these environments are heterogenous
enough to require us to do additional processing.  One option around
this would be to set properties unique to each environment, like

DEVELOPER_ENV=true
PRODUCTION_ENV=true

etc.

It still seems a little ugly to have all of these things floating
around. Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance,
John Casey