ant-user mailing list archives

From John.D.Ca...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Re: batching of ant task
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 14:15:12 GMT
Both of those seem like hacks.  On the one hand, you're married to some
external technology which may or may not have an analogy on the next
platform you build on, and you may have to port your batch file to this
new platform even in the best of cases.  On the other hand, you're
using a catch-all that's meant for running something exceptional or
unusual.  This, I believe, is neither.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: d.rees.l [mailto:d.rees.l@usa.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 7:28 PM
To: ant-user
Subject: Re: batching of ant task

Yeah, but I thought it was different enough to sneak in ;). Actually,
I have some extended thoughts on this that I will post on dev.

Casey, looks like you will have to jump through a few hoops. The
easiest way is (obviously) so do it from a batch file.

The cleaner way would be to use the scripting task. That lets you do
anything you want.