ant-user mailing list archives

From Dimitry.Gup...@ubsw.com
Subject Quote inside a quote
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 22:37:57 GMT
     Hi,

     I need to execute a command on Windows NT and the executable resides
     in a directory that has spaces in it.

     So, to run it from the command line I use quotes around the directory:

     "c:\win32app\marimba\Castanet Tuner"\runchannel

     I am using Ant version 1.3 beta 3

     When I try to insert this command in Ant script's <exec> command,
     it already has quotes around directory name.

     So, I tried to do this:

     <property name="marimbadir" value="c:\win32app\Marimba\Castanet
     Tuner"/>

     <exec dir="${marimbadir}" executable="runchannel">

     This way, marimbadir does not get the quotes around it and the command
     fails

     So, next I tried to force quotes into marimbadir property.

     I did the following and all of them did not compile in Ant:

     double quotes

     <property name="marimbadir" value=""c:\win32app\Marimba\Castanet
     Tuner""/>

     &quot

     <property name="marimbadir" value="&quot c:\win32app\Marimba\Castanet
     Tuner &quot"/>

     &#34

     <property name="marimbadir" value="&#34 c:\win32app\Marimba\Castanet
     Tuner &#34"/>

     If anybody has dealt successfully with the spaces in the directory
     name, please send me an e-mail directly (as well as to the mailing
     list).

     Thanks,

     Dimitry Gupalo

related financial instruments.