ant-user mailing list archives

From "Larry Yates" <lyat...@adelphia.net>
Subject RE: javadoc not creating -package parameter
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 01:43:38 GMT
Boy am I CROSS-EYED!
Of COURSE, the -package parameter was BLANK.

After adjusting the sourcepath thusly:
sourcepath="${deploy.home}/java"
I was greeted with success!

Ant is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!

THANKS!
-Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: glenn@dryline-fw.wireless-sys.com
[mailto:glenn@dryline-fw.wireless-sys.com]On Behalf Of Glenn McAllister
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 6:48 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: javadoc not creating -package parameter

Larry Yates wrote:

> NOTE THE -package PARAMETER IS BLANK!

That has nothing to do with your packages.  It simply indicates that you
want to
doc package level classes and methods in addition to the public, protected,
and
private.

> Here is one incarnation (try #3) of the build.xml file:
>
> <project name="My Project" default="test" basedir=".">
>    <property name="app.name" value="version6"/>
>    <property name="deploy.home"
> value="/test/applications/demo/${app.name}"/>
>    <property name="packages"
> value="com.ltvcopperweld.,com.ltvcopperweld.structural.,com.trcinc."/>
>
> <target name="test">
>   <javadoc sourcepath="${deploy.home}"
>            destdir="${deploy.home}/javadoc"
>            packagenames="com.ltvcopperweld.structural.*"
>            author="true"
>            version="true"
>            package="true"
>            private="true"
>   />
> </target>
> </project>
>
> What's up?

Does your deploy.home directory have source files in it?  Usually a
deployment
directory has .class files, not source.  If it does have source, the
assumption
is that under that directory, you have a source tree that looks like at
minimum
(in your case)

${deploy.home}/com/ltvcopperweld/structural/*.java

Any subdirectories with *.java files are presumed to be packages that need
to be
documented.

Does this correctly describe your setup?

Glenn