ant-user mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: Cant compile
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:33:17 GMT
I agree with the previous response that you should use jdk1.3 if you have a
choice.  But I'm pretty sure Ant still supports 1.2.2.  What did you set
JAVA_HOME to?  It should be something like d:\jdk1.3  .  Notice that the
\bin directory is not included.  You might also try running "java -version"
to make sure you are indeed getting the version of java you expect.

K.C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Siddhartha Chandurkar (EHPT) [mailto:Siddhartha.Chandurkar@ehpt.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 5:35 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Cant compile

Hi ,
I am a first timer. I am not being able to compile my source files. The
error i am getting is "Cannot use classic compiler, as it is not available A
common solution is to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to your jdk
directory."  I have set my JAVA_HOME environment variable and also jdk1.2.2
is properly installed and is the path. Can anybody please help me with this
problem.

Environment Windows Nt 4.0
Jdk 1.2.2
Parser xerces