ant-user mailing list archives

From Danil Suits <DSu...@kana.com>
Subject Build.xml and reuse
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:29:50 GMT

Has anyone experimented with reusing the targets within the build.xml file?

I frequently find myself wanting to work on only a subsystem of the project.
I could add a new target to the build.xml file - but that publishes my local
work to every developers machine, which isn't appropriate in this case.

What I'm currently considering is moving the contents of the project to a
new file (common.xml), replacing them in build.xml with an XML include, then
creating mybuild.xml which includes common.xml, plus whatever other changes
I need.  build.xml remains under source control, as does common.xml, but
mybuild.xml is not under control.

I'm sure this will work, and I'm also sure that it is kind of clumsy - has
anybody discovered a better way to achieve target reuse?

Thanks,
Danil