ant-user mailing list archives

From Danil Suits <DSu...@kana.com>
Subject JunitTask and classpath
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:55:29 GMT

Objective: to be able to report which resource was used to load a particular
class when a testcase failed.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip105.html
gave me the hints that I needed to get the general idea of how to identify
the resource used to load a file.

This is working, up to a point.  I can find some classes, but not those that
I am interested in.  My current hypothesis is that getResource is tracking
down those classes which are available via
System.getProperty("java.class.path"), but not those which were made
available via the nested <classpath> element.

[Clarification: the classes are available - the test itself runs as I expect
it too - I'm simply unable to extract the information I want from it].

Any suggestions on how to find which class/jar file is providing the
implementation of a class within the running TestCase (preferred are
solutions which will still work when the test is running outside of the
junit task).

Danil