ant-user mailing list archives

From David Rees <d.ree...@usa.net>
Subject Re: How to read a file's property
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 22:15:27 GMT
On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:26:40 -0700, Kevin Mukhar wrote:
>JCheng@bnyclearing.com wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know how to read file permission in ANT?
>>
>> I am trying to accomplish this: delete a file or not based on the read-only
>
>You could write a custom task. The current issue of JavaPro
>(http://www.java-pro.com/) has an article about Ant in which the author
>demonstrates a custom task to set a file's property to read-only. With
>just a little modification you could probably change the task to do what
>you need. Download the code at the link. The ReadOnly.java source is in
>the file listing.txt which is in JP0103SH.zip which is in JP0103.zip

I am working on a extension to do this with FileSets  and there is
also discussion on the ant-dev side about it. If you are interested
look at the thread "Re: [RFC] permissions filters on file/patternset"
under ant-dev.

Here is a link to the thread (note that it is in reverse chronological
order).
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=98317966300006&w=2&r=1

My specific proposal (which is in this thread) is at:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=98357050210147&w=2

dave