ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <>
Subject RE: antstructure bombs
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 13:58:05 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Buroff []
-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Bailliez []

>>Normally, you should have a 'verify error' if it was built with xalan1 and
you try to run it with the compatibility jar.

>That's exactly what happens. I tried the compatibility version (after
reading your mail)
>and now I get:

>java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/
>junit/AggregateTransformer, method: getXSLStreamSource signature: (Lja
>va/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/xalan/xslt/XSLTInputSource;) Incompatible
>object argument for function call

>So, I guess that's the problem Ant probably should be compiled with the
latest versions
>of xalan and xerces  As a minimum, compiling with the compatibility version
of the
>jar file should help if folks know about it.

I talked about this with Conor before the release, but I guess I wasn't very
clear about the issues (I wasn't very sure also since this was pretty new
and I didn't have time to do extensive testing and was also fighting bugs
and exception swallowing in xalan.). So in any case, I'm somewhat guilty for
this problem.

Plus I also stated in the JUnitReport doc that it works with the xalan 2
compatibility jar, which is not the case if it is not compiled with it, I
anticipated a little bit.

I don't know if it would make sense to do another build for 1.3 to fix this

As a workaround, you can use xalan 1.2.2 jar with Xalan 2 jar (but not the
compatibility jar)
The xalan2 jar gives you the TRaX compliant transformer and the xalan1 jar
gives you the 'xalan' processor.

 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France
 iMediation -