ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ventimiglia, David" <David.Ventimig...@msdw.com>
Subject Always slow on ClearCase dynamic views?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 20:23:40 GMT
Hi,

Running a full build of 2000+ java files & 90+ EJBs takes ~40 min. using
jdk1.2.2 javac on a ClearCase snapshot view, but about 3 1/2 hours on a
ClearCase dynamic view.  Most of the extra time is spent building the lists
of files to compile, ejbjar, and copy.  I suspect it's due the
DirectoryScanner and the high latency of ClearCase dynamic views.  Has
anyone else noticed this problem?  Is there a way around it?

Not a huge deal, since I prefer snapshot views anyway, but I was just
wondering.  Thanks!

Cheers,
David