ant-user mailing list archives

From "M.A.Dunphy" <madun...@bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: Problem with DTD in ant1.3b3
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:37:06 GMT
Anybody understand why this is an invalid DTD?

I'm no expert on how to define/create a DTD, but when I remove the line

operation (+ | - | = | now | never) #IMPLIED

the DTD appears to be fine.

It's it because we are trying to define the entry element and cant due the
"language" syntax available for DTD definitions?

Anyhow, If the ant-developers haven't come across this before, then it looks
like a bug in this beta release.

Thanks

Mick

PS: I find the dtd very handy as it allows me to write what I need to do and
not to worry about the the language syntax of ant.

-----Original Message-----
From: M.A.Dunphy [mailto:madunphy@bigfoot.com]
Sent: 26 February 2001 14:31
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Problem with DTD in ant1.3b3

after looking at this further, it appears to be in the section:

<!ELEMENT entry EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST entry
          id ID #IMPLIED
          operation (+ | - | = | now | never) #IMPLIED
          default CDATA #IMPLIED
          key CDATA #IMPLIED
          type (int | date | string) #IMPLIED
          pattern CDATA #IMPLIED
          value CDATA #IMPLIED>

Thanks

Mick

PS: Just found that the TOC for the optional tasks is incomplete. It doesn't
list the depend tasks, eventhough there is a depend.html