ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hewitt <MHew...@Armature.com>
Subject RE: Printable ant 1.3 manual anywhere?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 10:52:49 GMT
Hmm...

It may be a win for the environment, but us non-laptop,
take-work-home types now have nothing to read :-(.

Maybe that is a family life win?

There are LaTeX and RTF doclets available - perhaps
something can be done with those...

#!/mjh

-----Original Message-----
From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
Sent: 05 March 2001 10:48
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Printable ant 1.3 manual anywhere?

Mark,

There isn't a printable version of the 1.3 docs. We are moving to a more
flexible doc system which will hopefully in future allow us to produce
either a PDF version or an HTML version. In the Ant 1.3 timeframe I made
the choice to move the documentation to a more suitable structure for
online usage and also to allow easier maintenance. The downside is that it
is more difficult to print. Of course, that is a win for the environment
:-)

If someone wants to produce a printable PDF version of the 1.3 manual I
would certainly make it available as part of the 1.3 download.

Conor