ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: New Task: Recorder. Feedback requested.
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:36:22 GMT
feedback ... love feedback ...

The default is the same as the default for Ant: info.  Unfortunately, the
project doesn't know what the current logging level is (as stated by the
command line) therefore, if the user says "-verbose" on the command line,
<recorder> doesn't see that.  I hope to solve that in the future.  As for
the documentation, good point.  I'll try to update the HTML with default.

> Also, s/coma/comma/g  :)

he ... he ... he ... opps.

> I'll try it here.  It sounds helpful for sending out emails.
> Is there a
> provision for closing the recorder?

Not currently.  The print stream is flushed and closed on a BuildFinished
event.  Do you think that it should flush on every task completion, target
completion or every messaged logged?  Do you think that there should be a
task action to close the recorder (i.e.: <recorder file="${filename}"
action="close" />) where this would force the closure of the print stream?

> Is this necessary?  How
> often does it
> "flush"?  I assume it will catch a build as it fails.  Also,
> I would suggest
> that it should be failsafe by default.  In other words, if
> something goes
> wrong with recorder, by default it shouldn't fail the build.  But a
> failOnError flag might be useful in that case.

The failOnError is a good idea.  I'll add that one to the core functionality
list.