ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject New Task: Recorder. Feedback requested.
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:15:08 GMT
I have created a new task that I'd like to get some feedback on.  Basically,
the <recorder> task allows logging control within the build.xml file
(currently, logging is only supported on the command line).

I have attached the necessary java files and an HTML file that documents how
to use the task.

I consider this to be of 0.5 level.  In other words, the basic core
functionality works and is tested, but I want feedback from users on all
aspects of functionality: core and future possibilities.

I have just submitted this code to the dev mailing list, but I'm also
submitting it here in the hopes of getting more feedback.

In order to use it with ant 1.3, you need to use the <taskdef> task to
declare the task:
  <taskdef name="recorder" classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs" />
and then use it in the way described in the attached html file.

So, let me know what you think.

Jay

--
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks