ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: ANT 1.3 - JavaC - Exclude not working.
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:23:13 GMT
Just out of curiosity, do any other classes have a dependency on this file?
Are there other classes in the same package that are being compiled?  In
other words, while ant may not be telling the compiler to compile this one
specific file, the compiler my be trying to compile it due to dependency
resolution.

To confirm that ant is not including it in the compile list, use the
-verbose command line parameter and see if this file is in the list of files
sent to the compiler.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Porter [mailto:jeff@metadyne.uk.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 11:08 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ANT 1.3 - JavaC - Exclude not working.

I'm tying to complie a bunch of source code and there is a dependancy in

the code.
All I want to do is to exclude the file.....

    meta.con.ConnectionBeanFactoryTest.java

>>From the javac command. (so hence the compile error will not occur)

I've tried both the following command and neither work.

<exclude name="**/ConnectionBeanFactoryTest.java" />
&
excludes ="**/ConnectionBeanFactoryTest.java"

Someone please help.

JP.

--
.........if in doubt, get a hammock