ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Javac task not generating class files
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:01:21 GMT
This depends on the compiler that you are actually using.  If you're using
javac 1.3, this is what Sun does by design.  (see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/tools-changes.html for more
information, specifically the last paragraph of the first bullet.)

Try using an older compiler or using the jikes compiler from IBM.  Both
javac 1.2.2 and jikes 1.13 will produce output for classes that do compile,
even if another file in the fileset doesn't.

Jay