ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject RE: <support> tag -- includesfile
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2001 05:54:33 GMT
From: james [mailto:james@yoosed.com]

>     <support dir="${env.CLIENT_CLASSES}"  includesfile="imports.txt"/>
>
> my problem is that I cannot seem to find any documentation on
> the what the
> proper format of an includesfile should be.

I'll try and point out the bits in the manual that deal with this.
If after reading them, you think that they aren't clear enough, please
provide some suggestions on what they should say, so someone can update
the manual.

From: http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/OptionalTasks/ejb.html#ejbjar

	"The <support> element is a FileSet"

>From http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/CoreTypes/fileset.html
	"FileSets are groups of files.
	 These files can be found in a directory tree starting in a base
	 directory and are matched by patterns taken from a number of
	 PatternSets"

>From http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/CoreTypes/patternset.html

	"includes
	  - comma-separated list of patterns of files that must be
	    included. All files are included when omitted.
	 includesfile
	  - the name of a file; each line of this file is taken to
	    be an include pattern."

What this means is that includesfile is just a file where each line
is a standard "include" pattern.
Include patterns are filename patterns, so they must be specified
with paths structures, not class/package structures.

If your directory structure is:

myproject/
	source/
	classes/
	tmp/
	jars/

And you want to include some classes in your ejb, and your project
basedir = myproject, then you would have:
	<support dir="classes" includesfile="tmp/includes.txt"/>

and to include the class files for org.apache.ant.rocks and
org.apache.ant.rules

your includesfile would look like:

org/apache/ant/rocks.class
org/apache/ant/rules.class

HTH.
Please make suggestions if you believe the docs need more info.