ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject RE: Installing ant
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:46:33 GMT
 Bill Burton wrote:

>In all the conversation with the problems using tar, the thought occurred
>to me, "What about cpio?"

I thought about that when we ran into the tar problem.
Really though, I don't expect cpio to be any more widely used than zip.
The only thing wrong with the zip files is that they have wrong permissions, and I think we
could fix that.

The problem is that people download the GNU tar file when they don't have access to GNU tar.
They shouldn't, but it's a force of habit for unix folks.
I don't think that putting a cpio up would help - we'll all skip it and get the tar.gz

People should be downloading the zip file.