ant-user mailing list archives

From "Badakhchani, Hussein" <Hussein.Badakhch...@T-Motion.net>
Subject RE: basedir property and ant task
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:56:45 GMT
Hello John,

I also call "unit" build.xml files from a module build.xml using ant 1.3 on NT and redhat7.0
and the basedir attribute as specified in the project element is as expected i.e usally "."
(the directory of the build.xml in question) in fact I just checked it by echoing the base
dirs of my unit xml files.

Regards Hussein

-----Original Message-----
From: John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com [mailto:John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 5:48 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: basedir property and ant task

When you call another build.xml file in another directory from your
main one, what is the value of the "basedir" property in the child?  My
intuition says it should be the directory in which the child build.xml
lives, but in practice I'm seeing something different.  I'm using Ant
1.3, and when I access this property, I see that the basedir property
is set to the directory of the parent build.xml file...is this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
John Casey