ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefán F. Stefánsson <stef...@snote.decode.is>
Subject RE: Spaces in classpath
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 12:50:32 GMT
Whether you like spaces in classpaths or not they *must* be supported.
A prime example of this is the JAXP parser from the guys at Sun
themselves.  The default installation path for JAXP is 'c:\Program
Files\JavaSoft\JAXP1.0.1', the installation program automatically puts a
reference to that path in CLASSPATH.  So if the guys at JavaSoft are
doing that... :o)

I've reported this as a bug in Ant 1.3, it didn't seem that this was a
bug in 1.2.

Regards, Stefan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Buroff [mailto:sjb@lucent.com]
Sent: 9. mars 2001 12:47
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Buroff, Steven
Subject: RE: Spaces in classpath

I can't fix it myself but I just wanted to comment that I
think not handling spaces in pathnames is a serious
bug that will make ant unusable for a lot of people
on Windows.

Personally, I hate spaces in pathnames but I appear
to be in the minority. Lots of people use them and
they should be supported.

Steve Buroff