ant-user mailing list archives

From David Martinez <>
Subject RE: Mozilla-style VersionBlame?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:37:59 GMT
Well, at risk of restarting the debate (lowering my head as I say this to
avoid flying assorted fruit), they actually don't have to be unified at all.
They just need to implement a common interface, should they decide to do so
(which would be limited in this case to who check in file XX last). In lieu
of that they could also be wrapped by something that does implement the
Just my 1c

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Christopher []
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 12:14 PM
Subject: Re: Mozilla-style VersionBlame?

David Martinez wrote:

If there is a compile error that breaks the build, query the version control
system (the different version control tasks ant already has should implement
some sort of unified interface for this purpose) for the name & email
address of the last check-in on the files that broke.

There's the rub, unified version control tasks have been hotly debated and
are currently out of favor.

View raw message